Friday, February 13, 2009

Recent Incident of SBS Bus Driver hurt in Johor Bahru


I am writing as a concerned blogger to address an incident repoted on the newspaper, TODAY, that happened on the 10th of February. A bus driver of bus service N0 160 has been injured in Johor Bahru, in what was reportedly a bold robbery attempt by parang-wielding man during the evening.
I am very sad and disappointed with the efficiency of Malaysia's police force. In Singapore, such incidents rarely occur throughout the year all thanks to our efficient home defence team. As a student of a Malaysian teacher back in my primary school, I am fully aware of the various loopholes in the Malaysian security system and the corruption going on. It seems to me that even bribery is something very common in Malaysia.

Although I do not have any solution to this problem, I am sure that Malaysia, as a emerging market with strong economic potential, can think of a suitable solution to this problem that it is constantly evading.
May the force be with u,
Jonah

2 comments:

Eumenthol said...

The present Prime Minister of Malaysia, Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi once famously said of Malaysia:”THE WAY I SEE IT, THE MALAISE AFFECTING MALAYSIA THAT MAY WELL JEOPARDISE OUR WAY FORWARD IS A CASE OF HAVING FIRST WORLD INFRASTRUCTURE AND THIRD WORLD MENTALITY* FROM POOR EXECUTION AND INEPT MANAGEMENT TO SHODDY MAINTENANCE AND APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE, MALAYSIA IS IN DANGER OF POSSESSING THE HARDWARE, BUT LITTLE SOFTWARE

Singapore is a tiny island city state neighboring Malaysia. But Singapore is today considered a first world country where Malaysia falls under the emerging market category.

I think Malaysia lags Singapore in many aspects because of its political system which is influenced heavily the predominant religion.

Zhang Jin Lin said...

Its amazing how different Malaysia is from Singapore, if you compare their size, Malaysia should be better than Singapore, but Malaysia would not even dare to pick a fight with Singapore. Someone told me that Malaysia wanted to cut off Singapore's water supply from them, and Singapore said that it was equal to declaring war on them, and Malaysia immediately continued giving water. I know this may be a bit exaggerated and out of point, but I'm just trying to illustrate the difference between Singapore and Malaysia.