Friday, June 12, 2009

Kiasuism.

Since my post was so good (as judged by the myself again), I shall write something about Kiasuism today, something very...hilarious.

It started off when I saw something today. My neighbour, a talented giutarist, was playing the guitar when I heard it.

My next-door neighbour, an auntie whispered in a low, gruffly voice(ironic, isn't it), "Quick, go, go...". Then, her son, a slightly plump(giving her face) child of about 10 years old strided out and started positioning his cello on the floor.

Then the Auntie started clearing her throat in an exceptionally loud manner.

Her son started playing the cello. It was a typically loud piece, the cannon in D piece. The auntie smirked and strided over, taking out a portable mike and placing it very near the cello. The whole corridor was instantaneously overwhelmed with the Cannon in D. Loud but without quality.

I was amused, but more came.

The talented guitarist shouted, "Wah!", then swiftly took out his guitar sound amplifier and plugged the wire into this electric guitar and strummed violently a rock song. The result was predictable.

The corrider was now filled with mixed sounds of cello and guitar. I have to admit, it sounded quite impressive. If only they used their talents at performing duets for others to hear or as a career, but not...competing in the corridor?

Kiasuism was initially good; it spurred some positive competition, raising Singapore's copetitiveness as a country, but Kiasuism nowadays, it has reached negative 10,(if there's such a scale).

Why don't the two neighbours be friends and share the same hobby - music? They can compose duets for the guitar and cello. I am sure it will produce a very nice combination.

And I compete with my friends, who knows what key the pieces are being played in?

Absolutely hilarious.

No comments: