Monday, December 28, 2009

X-team Party 28/12/09

In order to celebrate the return of our X-team (small church fellowship group for P5 to Sec 2 ) leaders from Cambodia, we held a simple party yesterday at church. We had great fun and fellowship time together.

Samuel and I had to go to school first for the second training session of the Sec 1 Orientation. At about 3pm, we finished and quickly took a bus to the Botanical Gardens, where the rest of the boys were playing.

The game we enjoyed best at the Botanical Gardens was Police and Thief. Some people were "thieves" who had to run away from us, the "police". It was fun because there were more thieves than police and they could run and hide around the whole big botanical gardens. It was easy to escape unseen.

Because of the unexpected drizzling, we headed back for church. The next session was devoted to a fun time of soccer at the small car park in our church. Because of space constraints, the other boys went to the kitchen to help out the girls in the cooking of dinner. After a tiring game of soccer, I also volunteered to cook the chicken nuggets.

Dinner was finally ready. When Mark, our worship leader, gathered volunteers for the singing session, I gleefully participated too because I personally enjoy singing.

We had a great sing-along session. Almost everyone sang together with the songs, and for those who were unfamiliar with the lyrics, they also clapped along with the rhythm of the songs.

We ended this wonderful gathering with a fantastic session of games - soccer passing, soccer juggling and poison ball. I was lucky to avoid many ball throws and was the last one standing on the "battlefield".

It was indeed a meaningful party. At first, I even wanted to skip this party so I can play my computer games...:), but it turns out that the party is much more fun.

I also found that I have improved relations with some of my friends, including Mark, Justin, Steven and Sean. It had been a great time of socializing.

I hope to have time to attend more of such gatherings in the future.

No comments: