Friday, May 22, 2009

Happiness.

A clear-cut question: What is happiness? Some may say having many friends will bring happiness or some think that money is the root of all happiness. I think happiness is just being happy. There are most obvious method to be happy is to have a goal and pursue it.

A shameless but arguable quote from me, "An aimless person is an unhappy person because he bears guilt."

Agree? I strongly agree. It is human tendency to feel guilty for not accomplishing anything and wasting time. This will make them feel very useless and have a sense of hopelessness. Consequently, unhappiness comes in."

I strongly agree with another of my famous quotes, "The key to happiness is the pursuit of dream." What a quote! Only when we have a dream and goal, and pursuit that goal with determination reagardless of any setbacks, then will we have a sense of accomplishment and consequently, happiness.

A good example would be myself, a ordinary citizen. At times when I didn't do anything at all, I would feel very embittered as I have not accomplish anything. The feeling of guilty tugs at my heart only until I start doing work or play because when playing, I accomplish my goal of relieving stress.

Of course, some also seek happiness from materialistic things. These people splurge their money on jewellery, branded goods and other expensive items in pursuit of happiness. However, these small waves of happiness do not last. After a while, these expensive items would be put aside and forgotten. They are just desperate attempts to search for happiness. Only true happiness in pursuit of goals last.

However, we must blindly pursuit our goals. Enjoying the process and journey of pursuing will bring happiness. During the proccess, we learn from lessons and correct mistakes. This will make us a better person. We also learn to appreciate the present, what we already have, and cherish ourselves, family and friends.

Although there is a saying, "The thing that counts most in the pursuit of happiness is choosing the right companion.", I feel that true happiness lies in the journey of our pursuit of goal.

No comments: