Sunday, May 24, 2009

What is the right way to live?

Don't wait for the Autumn, to look back and regret what you should have done the seasons behind.. This is a 'million dollar question.' probably worth much much more..
For a long time many asked , yet few really acquired the answers.

"What is the meaning of life? What is the right way to live?" These questions
can also be extended to: " What on earth am
I here for?" , "How do all the pieces of my life fit together?"


Answers to these questions can be complicated to some yet simple to others. For me, I simply choose to lead a purposeful life and enjoy life's processes.

Life is short. Statistics has it average life expentancy : 55.8 year sin Laos and 78 years in the U.S.A. ( Wiki answers) Some sources decide that the world average life span is 25,550 days.Even if we can live to a 100 years old , that is only 36500 days. One day has just passed today.


My point is, we can choose to spent our days groaning and mourning the loss and miseries of our life, the things/ opportunities that we had missed or the bad things that others done unto our lives ; or look forward to the things that is to come , to adopt an optimistic view and live each moment of our lives fully, in hope and with joy.

"It's your journey, where you are is where you want it to be" quoted from the book "The Path" . More than this, I think while having worthwhile objectives are important, most of the time we just cannot control the outcome of events and the consequences of them.


The journey itself is important to me. I simply find it such a shame for one to be in a hurry to reach the top of the mountain yet miss the sceneries along the way?


Having the right perspective of life will reduce our stress, simplify our decisions ,increase our satisfaction and prepare us to live our life right.

We need to be positive, not passive towards life. Set goals that are worth our pursuit, yet acknowleging the fact that while we try our best to attain them, we have to leave the outcome to God's will. As a Christian, I believe God has a purpose for me in my life, more than just pursuing personal wealth,health and fame that has no eternal bearing... I do not that purpose now, but I am enjoying my time as a student; pursuing knowlege , meeting new friends and learning new things every day


1 comment:

Eumenthol said...

To me, the right way to live does not mean our life should be doing everything right.

Somebody said this well:
" A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing "

Jonah, glad to learn that you have adopted a very positive outlook of your life ; setting goals to pursue and enjoying the process of learning.It is good that you also recognise the truth about doing you best and leaving the rest to the Almighty hand.

I am sure one day He will show you the purpose of your life and the great plans He has for you to fulfil in this short span of time on earth.