Tuesday, May 26, 2009

First semester of my sec one life.

Besides the importance enjoying the journey of life, I think reflecting on our lifes to learn lessons from past mistakes we had made is equally important.

When reflecting on our sec 1 lifes (1st semester) so far, some would say that it is boring and repetive, some may say it is very stressed, but I think it is a journey full of lessons.

Yes, my sec one life has been fun-filled, enjoyable and it is as if what I have learnt in the past few months is much more than everything I have learnt in the six years in my Primary School.

Yet, I think the past few months has been a much more meaningful journey than it seems on the surface.

I remember the time when I wore my school uniform to the school field to play soccer and I was drenched with sweat from head to toe. When the discipline master caught being in this awkward state, he reprimanded me sharply for playing soccer in my uniform as my sweat will void my classmates of a conducive environment to study.

I prefer not to treat it as a mistake and regret over it, but rather, a valuable lesson, my first lesson in my school, that taught me to be considerate and think of others before doing anything.

My second lesson was held when I tripped my classmates out of pure fun and playfulness. I was consequently punished by my teacher to write a apology letter to the classmate. Again, I prefer to treat it as a valuable lesson, my second lesson in this new school, that taught me to respect my classmates and to be more mature.

Subsequently, many more lessons, not mistakes, happened. They were not any other maths lesson, but lessons I learnt about correct moral values I should bear with me as part of the school, and as a person.

Some may think I am too pessimistic and that I should instead look back at happy or interesting things in the past few months that brightened up my sec 1 life, but I think the lessons I have learnt in the past few months, whether big or small, are little treasures that have constantly lightened up the path ahead in my life.

No comments: